After the medical we grabbed a quick bite to eat at a little cafeteria and then off with "S" and we took the Metro to the baby home... just a 30 minute walk from the Metro... perfect today after a stressful morning! Visiting Owen was great... he is very shy of men and each driver/translator that goes with me who is male... Owen gets upset or shy. Today he reached for me and hid his face on my shoulder... before that he tried to hide his face in the carpet... as if he couldn't see "S" then maybe just maybe he didn't exist. LOL! He is full of giggle and laughter... and he is a total teaser! Love it!
After we left the baby home and were on our way back... I walked past a bread shop... I requested to stop and see what they had fresh since I KNEW I wouldn't get back in time to meet the other family for dinner as it was already getting late... maybe 7pm or so... so I bought a spinach and cheese pastry and a meat pastry... yum... both were great! We also were walking past this open air market... I was intriged and asked if we might walk thru it to the other side near the metro... well "S" was happy too because he said there is not one near his home and this is much cheaper and more fresh than the grocery store... I also saw dried fruits and nuts, every type of specialty shop... butchers, fish, hair coloring and supplies, clothing, etc...
Court is tomorrow morning at 10 am... I leave the apartment at 830 am. I am so ready to get thru this... home for 30 days and then get back here to pick up my sweet boy and get on with family life! :)
Love reading about your journey!
ReplyDeleteThanks Melanie! It has been quite a journey that's for sure!!
DeleteHi Yvonne,
ReplyDeleteWE are adopting from Russia as well. Thank you for writing about your experiences and congratilations on passing court! It looks like you are in Moscow region. Do you happen to remember how much you had to pay for your 8 doctor medical? How long did it take?
Thank you, Lena
Lena,
ReplyDeleteThe medical is $1,000 per person and it took about 5 hours to go from Specialist to Specialist...
Thank you! lena
ReplyDelete