Thursday, January 12, 2012

In the meantime...

...what do you talk about when there is nothing to tell everyone about?  Except that tomorrow is the psych evaluation and then next week I will have the Homestudy and it will be sent off to do the bouncing back and forth to ensure it has everything that the country needs.  So, I am waiting... there are many times in this process that I will be waiting and i think that is why I was a very bad blogger during Elle's adoption...   there was SO much waiting, it took a year of homestudy delay that lead to the summer break delay, then re-writing the laws delay...  the homestudy being delayed caused  at least an additional 4 months of waiting to bring Elina home ... I just didn't have news.  So, we are going to do some posts about what we are doing in the meantime, because we are hoping there are not big delays and can bring the boys home quickly.

In the meantime.... I have put extra efforts into counseling to ensure that my children at home are in a good place psychologically to add children to our family.  With having a bio and an adoptive child I often wonder how things affect them psychologically.  Yes I am one of THOSE...  if I raise my voice or am harsh, I wonder if I have scarred them for life... I know I know... The counselor assured me that both are good with the addition, but  that she felt the negativity from a few people are really making them angry and frustrated.  I wouldn't have believed it until that I saw it... I sensed their attitude change but was trying to keep the negativity away from them.  THe kids displayed anger and then it was replaced by joy... my little guy has been building up anger and was able to hurdle that anger and told the counselor that he really wants to be a big brother... amazing!  Now, my complex little puzzle of a girl... she wants to please everyone and she fears people leaving her life.  She has already suffered so much rejection in her short life... She overheard a conversation, saw the pain in my eyes, heck she walked in as I got off the phone and I was crying in my own hurt and frustrations... she knows there is turmoil... and she realizes there could be rejection.  She just wants to make everyone happy.  If I could only share all the moments when she looked at me with contentment (before the news broke) and told me how happy she was that I decided to save these boys just like I saved her. She had some hero worship going on...  I am hoping and praying that everybody will rejoice when the boys come home and that their coming home does not make people choose to not be part of our family or friends. So in the meantime we are doing alot of praying for everyone's acceptance!

In the meantime... we are dealing with too many colds and even a round of the flu... in September Elina was sick for a day, then she gave it to Connor... was only a few days after that in October and I had a horrible case of the flu.  The kids were touched by it a bit... it took an entire month for me to stop coughing.  Connor was nabbed by by the bug again in December and now again today.... he is coughing up a storm, he hasn't had anything terribly bad yet, a fever in December but this time there is only a cough.  Poor little guy just coughs and coughs. I have tried a couple of options and waiting to see if the Kids Mucinex works.  I hope it passes quickly...

It hasn't all been downers... we have been having a great times too!!  We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and have been coloring, playing checkers, doing puzzles, Elina is learning to play the piano, playing Wii and we are just enjoying being together... this past weekend we even went for a long bike ride  and played at the park because the weather was so nice.

3 comments:

  1. So happy that the kids are doing well. They are awesome kids and will be wonderful big brother and sister to the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is moving along well!:) Ummm, I'm having a hard time reading your blog though because it is all red on my computer...any ideas? Praying for you Yvonne!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea... nobody else has told me that one... hmmm... Thanks for reading and checkin in though! I am praying hard for your referral, I can't wait to "meet" the little Miss!

    ReplyDelete